Comprehensive Estate Planning, Wills And Trust Services
Estate planning and trust services comprise a complex area of the law that involves strategic thinking and significant attention. You can put a lot of thought into your will, but insufficient planning or minor mistakes can cause significant problems down the road. For example, failing to make the appropriate beneficiary designations on retirement accounts or life insurance plans can cost you thousands in tax dollars. Your assets may also not be transferred as you intended.
The New Jersey estate lawyers at Levine Haddad & Gregory, LLC, make sure all the pieces of your plan fit together. For more than 20 years, our firm has helped clients in and around Springfield and Essex County create comprehensive and seamless estate plans. We tailor these plans to address our clients’ unique financial and legal circumstances.
We assist clients with all manner of estate planning vehicles and consider:
- Property distribution: With a well-planned estate, a person can have their assets distributed efficiently to their desired parties.
- Tax minimization: Estate plans can face a high tax burden. We will do everything in our power to help you minimize taxes.
- Lifetime management strategies: In addition to securing your estate, we will help you plan your future.
We help clients carry out their duties as an executor of an estate and contest wills that might be inaccurate or invalid. We also take family businesses into account, so your business continues to run smoothly after a death in the family.
Our firm handles all aspects of the estate, including will contests, trust administration, gift tax, return preparation, planning with retirement accounts, asset transfers/decanting, trust reformation, executor responsibilities and tax minimization planning.
Estate And Trust Services: We Make It Easy
Our attorneys work with estates and trusts every day. However, we recognize this might be the first time you hear and learn about these topics in detail. Knowing this, we make it our goal to guide you through this often complex-process and make it easy for you.
When we speak with clients, we use clear and straightforward terms to help them understand what to expect. In addition, we have developed checklists and processes that make it easy for you to know exactly what you need to do. For example:
- Before you come to your first meeting, we will give you a complete list of information and documents you should gather and bring.
- Each year, we send you a letter advising you of changes in the law. This letter also reminds you to take specific actions if you have started a new job, set up a new 401(k), moved your assets or had other life changes that impact your estate planning.
- We help you organize a list for your fiduciary, so it is easy to find everything necessary to administer your affairs.
Contact Our Law Firm Now
Our lawyers are dedicated to surpassing your expectations and are determined to make this process as easy on you and your family as possible. Contact us now by email or call 973-834-3820 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced estate planning attorneys.